Wednesday, August 5, 2015

BOWSER JR Amiibo Guide



BOWSER JR
AVERAGE TIER


From what I can tell, Bowser Jr has some advantages but the AI doesn't use his skill set to it's full effectiveness. I had a lot of trouble trying to get him to use his Side B, Up B and Down B offensively. He either uses them poorly or doesn't use them at all. He will rarely ever down b and he only seems to up b to recover. This leaves his side b, which he doesn't seem to combo out of at all, he will just use it as a basic attack. I was a little disappointed by this and I think it does lower his effectiveness as an amiibo. On the positive side, Bowser Jr uses his Neutral B pretty well when taught and other amiibos don't seem to see it coming most of the time, leading to free damage. His Smash Attacks are very strong, hit hard and have lingering hit boxes and decent range. This amiibo developed a habit of shielding aerials and up smashings, much like Link does. This can be very punishing and lead to him winning games. I think the AI is a bit lacking on this one when it comes to using his b moves and Bowser Jr can be a little complex. It seems the AI dumbs him down and doesn't use him to his full potential. That being said, I will work with him more. This review is subject to change as I further develop this one, but from what I've seen so far, he doesn't look to be very effective compared to others.

PROS:
  • Very Heavy
  • Great Projectile
  • Great Smash Attacks
  • Good Long-Mid-Short Range Options
  • Lots of Lingering Hit Boxes, Punishes Aerials with Up Smash
CONS:
  • No True Combo
  • No Kill Throw
  • AI doesn't take advantage of his b skills at all
  • Struggles vs Rush Down
TRAINING MUSTS:
  • Grab and Pummel Often, As Always
  • Utilize Smash Attacks, Teach him to kill with each one
  • Shielding Aerials into Up Smash seems to be one of his strongest strategies to win matches
  • Utilize All Aerials, teach him to kill with back air
  • Tilts are strong and worth teaching, I believe he can juggle with up tilt
  • Use Neutral B at Range, teach him to kill with it on and off stage
  • He doesn't seem to combo off of his side b, I may be wrong but I can't get mine to do it, still worth teaching
  • Doesn't seem to use up b on stage as a bombing tool, mine doesn't use it but worth trying to teach
  • Try to teach him to use down b mecha koopas, mine hardly uses these but try to teach it to him
  • I think he can kill with back throw at very high percents but the amiibo doesn't seem to prioritize this as a kill option. Try to teach it to him though
  • Customs may be more effective on this amiibo





2 comments:

  1. My "Ludwig" amiibo does combo side b into down air. He's actually one of my best amiibos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get back to him, I'll test that out, thanks!

      Delete