Tuesday, July 25, 2017

AMIIBO Training Tier List

**UPDATED 07/26**
-Guys, I may be doing guides for the new amiibos Corrin/Bayonetta/Cloud, I have ordered them and they will be arriving in a week or so. Let me know if you still frequent this website and would like to see those. You can also check out my tournament series, it's on hiatus for now, but I promise I will come back to it soon.. the preseason for Amiibo Wars Season 6, you can check it out here! If you are new to Amiibo Wars, start from the beginning! Amiibo Wars will give you a good idea of how I put my amiibos in every situation possible, to best gauge their effectiveness and strengths/weaknesses.

-To the people asking me about my opinions on special movesets, I don't test these so if you aren't using vanilla amiibos, I can't really make any comments or suggestions because your amiibos aren't going to play the way mine do.

-I'm currently not updating my tournament series, but I may come back to it sooner rather than later, I'm just waiting for that urge of creativity to start writing again. But I will try to do the guides for the new amiibos if there is demand for it. Thanks for the support guys! My blog has officially been out for 2 years now!! That is crazy to think about.

**MOST RECENT CHANGES**
-MARIO/DR. MARIO Moved Down, Guides Revised!
-PAC-MAN/PIKACHU/META KNIGHT Moved Up, Guides Revised!
-SHIEK/DIDDY KONG/R.O.B/RYU Moved Up, Guides Revised!

**NEWEST GUIDES**
-LUCAS Guide Added!
-MEWTWO Guide Added!
-RYU Guide Added!
-ROY Guide Added!

(All currently released amiibos have been reviewed. Some rankings are subject to change as I further develop my amiibos.)


My Tier List is based on "Vanilla" Amiibos (Meaning No Equipment). I prefer to score amiibos based on their raw potential without equipment added. My Amiibo Tier List was the first on reddit and I've been developing it since March 2015. First off I want to explain my intention for making my guides. I've seen a lot of in depth guides on reddit for training specific amiibo and what moves/combos to use when training. If you want a guide for fighting amiibos vs eachother then this is the guide to read. Aside from that, I will also give a basic guide on what skills/combos they will actually use/prioritize. Not everyone who uses amiibos can do pro level combos, so I want to give everyone a basic guide you can use no matter what your skill level is, to help improve your amiibos performance. Also I want to inform you of the issues you may face when training them, which could lead into you having to reset them. Though you want them to play exactly like you, the thing you have to understand about amiibos is that they will pick up on things you do, but they are only going to use what works for them. A lot of these guide creators don't realize half the combos you teach them, the amiibos will not use at all. Amiibos will not do combos unless they are true combos. (A True Combo is a combo that cannot be air dodged.) Meaning if you do a combo that works on reading your opponent's movements, amiibos will not bother with this because the probability of it getting air dodged by their amiibo opponent is sky high. Check out my Fatal Five Amiibo Traits That Can Make or Break Amiibo Fights!


This is a list based on who I personally believe are the best amiibo when considering skill sets/effectiveness/ai and overall adaptability. From what I have gathered in my training, some amiibos just aren't as good as others for multiple reasons and I thought I would share what I've gathered with those of you who may be new to amiibos or curious to see if the one you're after is worth getting and training. I have spent hundreds of hours working with amiibos/training them and figuring out what's great and what's not so great about each amiibo I own. Once again, I don't feed any equipment to them, so it's purely off their skills and the bonuses they get to their damage output regularly. Keep in mind these are just my opinions from what I've seen and struggled with in my training of amiibos personally. Once again, amiibos will not combo perfectly the way you want them to, they take what you teach them and will use (sometimes abuse) what works best for them and is most efficient for them to win games. I've watched how they react in most situations and my guides are to give you an idea of what you can expect them to use when you are training them. Some moves/combos amiibos will never do no matter how many times you spam it, because it's too risky or has less effect than others.


I've split the amiibo into four groups.OVERPOWERED/STRONG/AVERAGE/WEAK, based on the effectiveness of the amiibo. OVERPOWERED amiibos are true terrors that are amazing in many areas, have a skill set that can handily destroy almost all amiibos and will rarely drop a game if trained properly. VERY STRONG amiibos show consistent patterns of dominance among the majority, but may have a flaw or weak matchups that keep them from being the absolute best. STRONG amiibos are all around great additions and have skill sets and an ai that are top notch. These amiibos typically have a little extra something that sets them apart as an amiibo, have many advantages and are effective in most situations. AVERAGE amiibos are good additions and have lots of potential, but also have minor flaws that may keep them from being great. WEAK amiibos have multiple flaws in their AI or skillset which can be game breaking or ruin them all together. This may require you to reset them and start over.(Probably more than once :/) Keep in mind, I think every amiibo has potential to be great if you put the work into them. (Aside From Samus :/) Even if I have them low, that doesn't mean they aren't worth putting effort into. Some of my personal amiibos that I have placed in the weak tier actually do really well but it took a lot of work to get them to that point. Below is my list, click the picture of the character you are interested in for a basic guide and tips for training them. Each tier is in no particular order.



THE OVERPOWERED LIST:

THE VERY STRONG LIST:

THE STRONG LIST:

THE AVERAGE LIST:


THE WEAK LIST:

IN DEVELOPMENT:

COMING SOON:






OTHER SITES TO CHECK OUT:

Cloud9_987's Amiibo Dojo
(Prominent Reddit Trainer, their focus is hands on training and detailed character guides)

Amiibo Royale
(Youtube Videos about testing amiibos, posts some very interesting stuff)

65 comments:

  1. Thank you for making this list! I am looking forward to seeing Greninja and Zero Suit, as I have them and would like to see your luck with them! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm enoying working with them! I have Zero Suit and Greninja, but I'm still working with them so I don't quite know where to place them yet. :)

      Delete
    2. Ok cool! Well I look forward to seeing your input on them. And I was wondering about your opinion on who I should get next. I was thinking either Shulk, Jigglypuff, or Villager (I usually work my amiibos are mainly used in 1v1 situations)

      Delete
    3. They are all great but I think Shulk is the best amiibo in the game right now. He has everything you could ask for.

      Delete
    4. Are you going to add the Mii's to the tier list?

      Delete
    5. @Battleshell I was taking a break for a few months, I have some ordered and on the way, I will be training/testing and doing guides for these amiibos. Not sure if you still check my guides or not, but they will be coming soon! :P

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the suggestion! I recently had a tournament with all of my amiibos and Shulk got 2nd of the 16 amiibos! He only got bested by my Lucario (which for some reason has completely owned any other amiibo I've thrown at him)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucario can turn out very strong if you train him right, good job! He can also turn out very bad lol.

      Delete
  3. Excellent, I'm always looking for what to be mindful of when training my amiibo. Really pleased I found this webpage!
    Say -- have you noticed if your level 50 amiibo improve much from fighting eachother in a 1v1 setting? It seems to me like two skilled amiibo would hone each others' move priorites and punish each others' mistakes. I'm wondering what you've found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they definitely do. I have seen an amiibo get completely 2 stocked and the next match they came back and beat them. They are built to adapt, so when you put them against your stronger amiibos it's bound to make them better. I will admit there are some terrible match ups that will never go in the favor of certain amiibos, but that is rare. Typically if trained correctly, any amiibo can beat any other amiibo. Most of mine are evenly matched and it could go either way because I train them against each other so much.

      Actually one of my training strategies to up their reactions is to put them in a 10 min match vs Mario when they hit level 50. Glad you are enjoying the blog, feel free to ask me questions any time! :)

      Delete
  4. Its kinda funny with Greninja. I agree to an extent, but mine is actually my third best amiibo. My greninja is only beat by my Lucario and Shulk. Almost all of my amiibos are top tier, also. So idk. Then again, Greninja is my main, so that might have something to do with it. I know I'm not a master at this, but utilize his side b. He will not recognize it unless he is shown a VERY LARGE amount of times, but at higher kill percents, he can even kill with it. The side b should help him if you feel like trying it! Love this site tho! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I said that in my guide, I think if you really want to put the time into him he'll be awesome. But judging from where he is now, he was getting pretty much 2 stocked by every amiibo I put into the strong tier. Just like Lucario, I feel like he needs some extra attention to make him great and since he's your main, you've probably put a lot of work into him, so it's good to hear you've had a lot of success. :) I just like to give a generalization of where I think he will place with most people who may not put as much effort into him. Any average tier amiibo has potential to be your best, they just require a little more work to get them there.

      Delete
    2. Shulk honestly is. My Ness is my 4th best. Honestly, now, my top 4 goes
      1) Shulk
      2) Lucario (very close to Shulk to be honest. They're about equal)
      3) Greninja
      4) Ness

      Delete
  5. Also, I've been wondering what "squishy" means

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squishy is a term that means very light, not a lot of hp, easy to kill. It's used in a lot of video games hahaha, sorry for the confusion! :P

      Delete
    2. Ok thank you for the clarification!

      Delete
  6. Seems as if Ganon can end up as a being of destruction if he's trained well enough. Out of a wide range of amiibo's he tends to come out on top for myself. It could be the way he, or the other amiibos were trained though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have Ganondorf in Strong Tier but I felt like he was getting extremely overwhelmed by the other Strong ones. I think he has the best true combo in the game with command grab to down tilt, but he's weak in a lot of areas that seem to hold him back against well trained strong tier amiibos that can run circles around him. I'm still on the fence, I think I need to put a little more work into him to truly know where he belongs.

      Delete
  7. I'd have DK in at least average. Yes, he has some problems but he's still pretty good mainly due to the passive damage increase that all amiibos have. Smashes do ridiculous damage due to this.
    For me, he's just an average amiibo. His recovery tends to cause problems, but other than that he has decent range, good killing moves, and is slightly harder to kill due to his heavy weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have him higher if he didn't put so much priority on his F Throw and F Air. It really ruins him. His aerials aren't good, his b moves are very weak and he gets into bad habits very easily just from the ai using skills you don't even teach him. This amiibo has consistently been the worst in my tournaments because unlike the other heavies, he has no advantages. His smash attacks aren't enough to win him matches in most cases. I just don't see him being good until they fix his ai to not F Air so much or always use F Throw. I have tried to retrain him atleast 5 times, avoiding those moves and he'll still use them. I'm gna have to disagree on this one. :/

      Delete
    2. I trained him the same as I would say, Little Mac. Keep him on the ground to prevent F-Air being used (And getting punished for it.) Utilize his tilts if the situation fits. Basically, keep him near the centre of the stage, only train him to jump if he needs to.
      He CAN turn out alright at best. He's nothing to sneeze at, but once trained properly he's actually pretty good. Try training him like you would Little mac, see if that helps your DK any.

      Delete
    3. The problem is, I have tried to train him like that and he still lost the majority of his matches. I will revisit him and Fox in the future and see if they can be improved further but they aren't currently a priority of mine. Thanks for the tips though, I will keep them in mind when I train him again. :D

      Delete
  8. Sorry if I'm sounding picky, but for some reason it is really bothering me. But can you change the Mario amiibo picture so that it matches everyone else? The base is off and for some reason it's really bothering me. Obviously you don't have to change it, but it would be awesome if you could.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you gotten your hands on the new amiibos yet? I'm exited to see where you place them.
    Personally, I find the (Heavy) Mii brawler quite strong. Speed isn't really an issue, and the customs are pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention something. Please catagorized the Light, medium, and heavy mii's as different amiibos. The differences in speed and attack power are quite a bit.

      Delete
    2. I don't have them yet but I ordered them, they should be here by the end of the month. :) I've also pre-ordered Duck Hunt/R.O.B/Game and Watch, so I will be getting them on the 25th.

      Delete
    3. I've managed to get my hands on them, starting to train Duck Hunt.
      So far, he likes to use the can. A lot.

      Delete
    4. How is he with the can? I was worried he wasn't going to use it at all. Can he use it effectively or does he just kind of throw it out and leave it?

      Delete
    5. He knows how to use it most of the time, sometimes he just leaves it. Might be because he's focused on other things, but most of the time he knows where to leave it to be effective.

      Delete
  10. Thanks! I love your amiibo training guide. Cloud's is good but it doesn't really suit how I use them only to fight each other. I can't wait for the Miis! I hope that John Cena (Mii Brawler) is Overpowered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered them from Japan, they should be here any day. But sinces it's overseas who knows how long it'll be. :/

      Delete
  11. My Mii's arrived yesterday. And so far, they seem pretty good. However, how do you plan to sort them? Since each Mii has 3 different weight types, it's going to either need to be 3 combined entries or 9 seperate for each class and weight.

    But anyways, as far as my current experiences are, the Brawler is VERY strong. He's personally beating my top amiibo's like nothing. (Mario, Dr.Mario, Shulk, and sometimes he can beat Ness.) And is probably going to end up in the Strong tier at the VERY least. Swordfighter belongs in Strong / Average tier, while gunner could be in either Strong / Average depending on the playstyle you teach it. But this is just my opinion, gotta wait for yours to come in for a definite answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure how I'm going to do it, I'm most likely going to stick to the weight I feel is most effective on each character and suggest that. I don't wanna litter the tier list with mii fighters lol. :P

      Delete
    2. It's hard to put the Miis in any tier because you can choose how tall and heavy they are and which moves they will have. My Sword Fighter was build Max Size and 3/4 Weight. His abilities are 1 2 2 1 for range and close fights, for comboing and for recovery because he is slow and can't jump that high. I bought the Mii when you could buy MH3 Armor.

      Hope to see your Mii guides soon.
      Greeting from Germany.

      Delete
  12. Do you have any strong objections as to why Ike shouldn't be in the overpowered tier? I'm currently training him and he's turning out to be a monster, does he not fare so well against top tier Amiibo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my experience, he typically places around Top 15 but doesn't go much further than that. He can hold his own against some of the top amiibos but the more overpowered ones tend to destroy him. He's a good amiibo though, I can see why you are having success with him. :)

      Delete
    2. I see, I think I was having really good success with him in the early to mid levels but around the 35-40's he was starting to balance out with the other three I was training him with and wasn't as overpowered as I initially thought. He still is what I consider to be a strong Amiibo though, so I'm glad we can agree on that based on our findings :)

      Delete
  13. Will you revisit Yoshi? I've had success with my two Yarn Yoshis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be making a return and putting some work into my amiibos again. Keep an eye out! :)

      Delete
  14. So I recently bought a Falco amiibo, and I checked your guide to see what I should do I realized...He's not here. Are you planning on getting one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea he's been ordered, I took a break at the end of October so I missed out on the last few releases. My guide will be up soon. :)

      Delete
  15. Look forward to Season 6 of Amiibo Wars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, still working on deciding a Top 20, then Season 6 will be getting started :D Glad to hear you're enjoying the series.

      Delete
  16. Are you going to revise the amiibos because of 1.1.5? There were a lot of nerfs and buffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make changes and revises once I see improvements or differences in the AI's effectiveness. There are so many, and I have other things on my plate, so I try to put focus on a few at a time, usually through my tournaments. I put them through a variety of matches/opponents so it's typically a good way to judge how they've improved or worsened.

      Delete
  17. Are the placements of the amiibo on each tier in any specific order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aren't in a specific order, it says it right above the list. :)

      Delete
  18. I think that are from top to bottom, best to worst. Ex) Shulk #1, Ness #2, Dark Pit #3, Robin #4, Lucina #5, etc. I think this because he mentions how he thinks Shulk is the best amiibo in the game. Sooooo, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just a coincidence that Shulk is at the top of the list, I honestly just order them by what looks the best, I'm kind of OCD about evening it out, lol.

      Delete
  19. did you see my comment in donkey kong? I think it should be considered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This list is what I think after countless hours and matches. If anything changes or I feel like I made a mistake, I will change them, other than that I'm gonna leave it how it is. I think it's pretty accurate for Amiibos with No Equipment/Stat Bonuses.

      Delete
  20. I'm late to say this, but nice to see you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. where do you think corrin cloud and Bayonetta will fit on the tierlist

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would VERY much like to see how Cloud lines up in the tier list. I have one already and am pleased with his fighting ability. The best part so far is that he DOES know to charge Limit when possible, often right at the beginning of a match. VERY happy this far with the AI.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im glad you will be making a comeback! I would really like to know your techniques to the new set of Smashers! Hopefully you see my Mario question and can help me out figuring a way to at least make him stop being a Kamakaze lover xD

    Might I recommend at some point of training Cloud to have Mario, Mii Gunner, and Ike train him? The result makes Cloud a terror since he has the capacity to fight at literally all spectrums of the arena ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was wondering if people would be interested in full stat characters. Max level and ready to brawl custom made ssb amiibo cards I would just level them up to max stats and allow people to use them. Kind of like sharing toys but in a card format. Would people be interested? It's an idea I was talking with a friend earlier today. I have been making amiibo cards for a while and thought adding something new to the idea would be great for thoose struggling to get some of the rarer items. Of course this is just a place holder for when you can get the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey, thanks for this guide! I love it! It helps me narrow down my options. I didn't even know that there is this much effort put into training an amiibo. I was always curious to see which amiibo would be strongest. I have a Link amiibo and he seemed very overpowered, winning in both 1 v 1, 4 v 4 and even 8 v 8 for me. Please do the Cloud amiibo, as I am debating on whether to buy him or another amiibo instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. do you thing you'll ever get to finishing the tier list?

    ReplyDelete
  27. شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    تعد شركة الصفا كلين افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض فهى تتصدر في المرتبة الاولى لكونها افضل شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالمملكة بأكملها لسنا الوحيدون ولكننا المتميزون.

    شركة تركيب باركية بالرياض
    افضل شركة تركيب باركية بالرياض تقدم شركة الصفا كلين للخدمات المنزلية بالرياض لعملائها الكرام خدمة تركيب الباركية على يد اكبر المهندسين والفنين ذو الخبرة والكفائة العالية فشركتنا تعمل دائما على تقديم افضل الخدمات لارضاء عملائها الكرام.

    شركة تنظيف المنازل بالرياض
    جميعنا نعلم ان تنظيف المنازل امر شاق ومتعب خاصة على السيدات وبصفة خاصة السيدات الذين يعملن فهن ليس لديهم الوقت الكافى للتنظيف والعمل وايضا من لديهم اطفال لذا نقدم لكم افضل شركة تنظيف المنازل بالرياض تعمل شركتنا جاهدة على راحة وارضاء عملائها عن طريق استخدام افضل اساليب التنظيف واحدث الادوات والمعدات المتواجدة فى الاسواق فنحن وبفضل الله ثم فريق العمل الموجود لدينا افضل شركة تنظيف المنازل بالرياض .

    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
    الحشرات من اسوء الاشياء التى يمكن ان تزعج ربات المنازل وايضا تشكل خطرا كبيرة على صحتنا وصحة اطفالنا لذا فنحن في شركة الصفا كلين نعمل جاهدين لنخلصكم من الحشرات المزعجة والضارة بصحتك عميلانا العزيز وصحة اسرتك الكريمة.

    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    نقدم لكم عملائنا الكرام افضل شركة نقل عفش بالرياض تعد شركتنا من افضل شركات المملكة فشركتنا تمتلك افضل فريق عمل جاهز ومدرب على اعلى مستوى وايضا تمتلك احدث الشاحنات والكنترات العملاقة التى تستخدم فى نقل الاثاث وايضا مجهزة من الداخل حتى تحمى الاثاث من اي ضرر او خدوش او كسور لان الاثاث يحتاج الى عناية خاصة وبشكل خاص الزجاج فهو من اكثر الاشياء التى تحتاج الى الاهتمام عند نقل الاثاث داخل او خارج الرياض.

    شركه تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
    الموكيت من اهم الاشياء التى تعطى منظر جماليا لمنزلك سيدتى فالموكيت يحتاج الى عناية واهتمام بمظهرة وشكلة حتى يكون واجهة مشرفة لكى امام ضيوفك فالموكيت من اكثر الاشياء التى تحتاج الى التنظيف ولكن ليس بشكل مستمر حتى لا يتلف ويتأكل فنحن افضل شركه تنظيف موكيت بالرياض .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey, I know you've been away for a while and I assume you won't be coming back, but just wondering if you might be doing anything for Smash Ultimate if you have the game

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, I was wondering if you were updating your website. It's been a while since your last post. It looks like we are coming near the end of the smash bros series. Perhaps there is just a few more amiibo to go before they stop creating more. So it would be nice to see if you are updating it.

    regards,

    Get Free Unity Assets

    ReplyDelete