Sunday, July 5, 2015

ZELDA Amiibo Guide



ZELDA
STRONG TIER


My immediate reaction to Zelda was that she was strong, but I didn't realize so many people had as much success with her as I did. I figured she'd be harder to train. Zelda is really powerful and hits insanely hard. Problems with Zelda are slight but she does have a few. When you train her be careful not to troll up b for kills, yes it works and it spikes but it's not good for the amiibo because she will randomly start up b'ing on stage and get punished for it. On the flip side, with the buff to amiibo damage, Zelda is CRAZY strong. Her aerials hit like a truck and so does her side b. Zelda has on point percision with her side b's off the stage, I've seen her gimp with it, I've seen her spike with it and even on stage she reads rolls with her projectiles and lands them all the time. You want to teach her to land those aerials, it makes her so much stronger. Amiibos have pinpoint precision with their air dodging but Zelda has an up smash that tends to be a problem for most. It has lingering hit boxes which means when an amiibo tries to air dodge it, they still end up getting caught by the tail end of it and it definitely works in her favor when fighting other amiibos. All in all I've noticed she has been a powerhouse for many other trainers, she has been consistent in my Amiibo Wars series and even won Season 2. So if you like Zelda, definitely pick her up, she's a good addition. UPDATE: As changes to the AI of amiibos over time have made them better, Zelda's doesn't seem as strong. She was great when amiibos were stupid, jumping into her up smash and easy gimp targets, but now that they aren't, she doesn't feel as effective.

PROS:
  • Good Recovery
  • Very Strong Abilities/Attacks
  • Pin Point Projectile Precision
  • Can spike at fairly low percents with her aerials
  • Kill Throw
  • Punishing Up Smash 
CONS:
  • Randomly Up Bs for no reason on stage
  • Struggles against rush down
  • Relies a lot on grabs
  • Kind of slow
  • Newer Amiibos Outshine Her
  • AI feels dated
TRAINING MUSTS:
  • She needs to learn her aerials. They do insane damage
  • It wouldn't hurt to show her how to stage spike with her down air
  • Focus on grabs, these are important for Zelda when fighting other amiibos
  • Take advantage of her side b, it's her bread and butter
  • Teach her to kill with  her back throw, she will learn to do this often.
  • You want her to learn how to throw off stage and ledge guard with her side b


2 comments:

  1. In what settings, in your opinion, does Zelda do the best in? I've read a majority of your training guides and have agreed with just about all of them, but I'm still struggling to find what makes your Zelda and other people's Zelda Amiibos so great. Does she do well in 1v1's, team matches, free for alls, etc? I think out of all of your guides my Zelda doesn't align with your strong Amiibo placement the most out of the rest of the cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way I agree. When the cast of amiibos was a lot smaller Zelda stood out. Her up smash is OP vs amiibos and she hits extremely hard. She did very well in the first 3 tournaments I did but it seems she's getting outshined by a lot of the newer ones. Once I come back from my break I will look more into this and decide whether she has dropped in effectiveness and needs to be moved down. When the first 3 waves came out, she was definitely one of the strongest, but now I'm not so sure. I do think her strengths are in 1v1's though.

      Delete