Wednesday, July 8, 2015

IKE Amiibo Guide



IKE
STRONG TIER


Ike is a serious force to be reckoned with. He is pretty much a bulldozer. Ike is heavy and hits like a truck, so when it comes to 1v1s it only takes him about 3 or 4 good hits to finish off a stock. While other heavys are slow, Ike has moderate speed with his abilities as well as good range. So it's easier for him to land attacks in comparison to other heavys who struggle. Ike has strong aerials, smashes, and b moves. IMO he seems hard to mess up. I personally havent noticed any flaws in his AI. He learned what I taught him and took to stomping some of my strongest amiibos. So imo he's a definite strong choice. I think there are some that are stronger but if I put more work into him, I think he could be one of my best.

PROS:
  • Heavy, doesn't die easily
  • Decent Speed for a Heavy Character
  • Hits extremely hard
  • Has a well rounded skill set
  • Easy to train/not many flaws in the AI
  • Up B is hard to ledge guard because it hits through the stage
  • True Combo
  • Smash Attacks cover a lot of ground
CONS:
  • May have trouble hitting quick/evasive opponents
  • Doesn't have the best recovery if he gets knocked away too far
  • Attacks hit hard but land slowly
TRAINING MUSTS:
  • Focus grabs and be sure to pummel
  • Has great range on aerials, be sure to take advantage of them
  • Side B to close distance
  • Teach him to kill with all smash attacks and to charge them, sometimes they can throw off opponents with a charged smash attack
  • Take advantage of his counter
  • Will read with Down B on occasion if you want to teach it to him
  • Teach him to down throw to up air at lower percents

14 comments:

  1. I've followed this and had good results. Question though, can he be taught to side b as a recovery? The word on the street is no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost 100% sure you can't teach amiibos to recover differently. From what I've gathered, all recoveries are hard coded and amiibos will always jump in the perfect position to up b to the ledge. If they get knocked out of a jump and can't make it back they typically will just fall and not even try. Glad to hear you had good results! :)

      Delete
    2. Some amiibos like Charizard will side B to recover (I think Luigi does too) if they get knocked really far out but most of them will just save their jump and recover high or low depending on how far they got knocked back. I don't think they coded Ike to do that though.

      Delete
    3. Little Mac will side B recover

      Delete
    4. That's because the CPU will do it.

      Delete
  2. Okay, thank you! I assumed so, but just thought I'd ask! One more thing. Do amiibos remember matchups or do they just adapt to the battles they fought prior? Example: if I trained ike to fifty, and then had him face a lvl 9 cpu of every character in the cast (maybe a 20 stock match over and over till he would win), would he have an edge over say, a mario amiibo that has only faced other amiibos? I apologize for the long post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After pitting them in 100s of matches back to back with different opponents, I feel like they try to adapt on the fly. I've seen posts about amiibos only being able to hold on to a small amount of data, so typically they just hold on to their more recent adaptations than say an amiibo they fought 50 matches back. I personally don't believe that method of having them fight every opponent works.

      Delete
  3. Alrighty! Thank you for your time. If i think of anything else for the rest of my amiibos, I'll make sure and ask it in the appropriate place. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad to help if you have anymore questions. :)

      Delete
  4. How would you reccommend training ike? More of an air fighter, or keep him on the ground for the most part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've noticed, his spacing/approaching on f air, his jab combo, grabs with true combo and smash attacks are what make him the most effective as an amiibo.

      Delete
  5. I trained my ike and he is really spammy with air attacks even when i did none

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they will use certain moves naturally even if you don't train them to. I think they have an AI already built in, that's why people have literally sat and done nothing for them to 50 and they still perform decently. The point of training is to show them options the natural AI might not think of doing. As far as spamming aerials, he will do that because it's a viable option for him to land often if he has the ability to rack up a lot of damage doing it. The way to counteract this would be to try to dodge as many of them as you can, or put him against amiibos he can't use that tactic on and I promise you he will lessen the use of his aerials.

      Delete
  6. Is there a way to teach it the Up Throw combos?

    ReplyDelete