Tuesday, August 18, 2015

AMIIBO WARS: Navigation


AMIIBO WARS

This is where you can find everything you need to keep up with my "Amiibo Wars Tournament Series". Amiibo Wars is a long running battle between amiibos with countless twists and turns along the way. Each Season has a new twist to keep things interesting. The power is constantly shifting so you never know who's going to be at the top and who's going to see a shocking end. So far there have been five Seasons and two of them have been written in full here on this blog. Every Season I keep up with rankings which you can also view at the bottom of the page. These rankings are based off of their performance in their past three tournaments they competed in. The first three Seasons happened before I started this blog so I apologize for them not being available. I do cover them a little bit in Season 4 so you get an idea of how they went down. (My old laptop died and I lost most of my information, thankfully I was able to keep the standings for the first three seasons.) I hope you all enjoy the series, let me know if you do! Wild Card is going to be a new series where I pit a small group of amiibos in a tournament selected at random to help with their standings going into the following Season. Some lower ranked amiibos may be able to climb the ranks before the season begins.

WILDCARD (PRESEASON)
Not every amiibo can make it to the Main Tournaments, but they are given the opportunity to do so. In the Preseason, all amiibos must fight for their spot in the Challenger Series. How will your favorites fair?!

AMIIBO WARS: Season 6 Wildcard #1-#8 (Completed!)

MAJOR TOURNAMENTS
This is where the big boys in Amiibo Wars go to play. The competitors that have advanced past the preliminaries will compete in a Challenger Series in hopes of making it to The Top 20. The Top 20 is considered the main stage/main tournament and ultimately ends by crowning a Champion each season. (Season 4 didn't include a Challenger Series and Season 1-3 were not documented on this blog, they were briefly recapped in Season 4) This is where the main tournaments will be posted.



RANKINGS
This is where to look if you wanna see how your favorite amiibo is doing in my tournament series. All amiibos are ranked based on their performance each season. I'm also in the process of including Bio's for each competitor that gives a brief recap of their past seasons and what happened in each one. This section will include spoilers, so enter at your own risk.

13 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been wanting to do an amiibo wars myself. I have a few questions...
    What is the minimum amount of amiibos I need?
    How do I know when someone is in the danger zone?
    What kind of matches are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way I do my tournaments is much different than other people who base their opponents and winners/losers based on 1 randomly generated match up.

      I personally randomize entire groups of say 4-8 contestants and refer to them as Groups. The contestants in those groups must face every other contestant in a 1v1 with no special match rules to test their prowess in 1v1 situations. They score and lose points based on how much they win/lose in these matches.

      Following this that group then enters into a 2nd phase which can include item matches, team matches, special smash, smash ball etc. This phase is for those who may excel better in a team environment or are stronger with items in the mix.

      At the end of that phase, the contestants with the most points are safe and the 2 amiibos with the least points have to fight to stay in the tournament in a best of 3 or 5. The loser is eliminated from the tournament.

      That goes on til only one is left standing, it's a much more elaborate and grueling process than most of the amiibo tournaments people do, lol! :P Sorry for the late response, I was taking a break. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, I can do this with only 22 amiibos,right?

      Delete
    3. Absolutely, I started with 10 the first time I ever did it. My main tournament is always narrowed down to 20 contenders.

      Delete
    4. Thanks a lot man!

      Delete
  2. Hey, just wanted to say that this blog is a great help and you're doing an amazing job.

    Your Amiibos wars are interesting, and that's why I'd like to ask for some videos of your best matches to come. I truly wish to see your champions in action!

    What do you think of it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about it, but I don't have the equipment currently to record any of my matches. It'd be a lot of work and I'm not sure I have the fanbase to really put all that effort into videos. If it was something a lot of people wanted, I would probably be more interested in doing it.

      Delete
  3. How can i enter (and send) my amiibo????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use any other Amiibos but my own for this series.

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge fan of this series, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be continuing it soon! I took a break for a while after moving.

      Delete
  5. Wow this is great! I love this series so much and I can't wait for you to return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you haven't been here for a while but might you consider coming back with guides for Smash Bros Ultimate?

    ReplyDelete