Wednesday, March 16, 2016

AMIIBO WARS: (S6 PRESEASON) WILDCARD #5


AMIIBO WARS WILDCARD #5 (SEASON 6 PRESEASON)
(COMPLETED)
*Updated 3/25*

WE'RE BACK with another installment of Amiibo Wars Wildcard for Season 6. In Wildcard #4 it was probably the highest caliber of talent we've seen so far in one group. With that came two shocking eliminations and an all out brawl to stay in the game. (Check it out here!) Can this group live up to the last? Are we going to see more Top Players out early? This group has 2 True Amiibo Wars Stars, 2 newbies and some serious wildcards. Lucina and Pit are in the building, both of these amiibos have great reputations in this tournament series and I expect to see them do really well. Hopefully Pit will make a comeback after his shocking early exit last season. The rest of the amiibos are going to be difficult to gauge how they are going to do. Though I predict Pit/Lucina to do well, past groups have proven that no one is truly safe. Wildcard #5 is on the way!

WILDCARD #5 COMPETITORS



LAST SEASON four of these amiibos competed for a shot at the S5 Championship. PALUTENA made her debut, and I honestly expected her to do better than she did. When I was training her up I seen her take games off the likes of Shulk and Mario, but the only wins she got in the tournament was on lower tier amiibos. Her slow attack speed is an issue that is holding her back from being great. Could she do really well in this group? Yes, but judging from last season, I'm not sure if she will. LUCINA has proven herself to be a Top Contender in Amiibo Wars. After competing in two seasons so far, she has beaten everyone at some point or another and consistently places in the Top 10. So far she hasn't won a Championship but I think she's well on her way. VILLAGER is more of a mid-tier amiibo, he can do pretty well but hasn't really gone above and beyond. I view him as more of a wildcard, there isn't really any gauge to know whether he will show up or flop in this group. PIT has had a great showing so far in Amiibo Wars, but last season was his lowest point. While he failed to make it to the Top 20, his counterpart, Dark Pit made his debut and landed himself in 2nd Place for the whole season. Pit's got to up his game and redeem himself, prove to all of us that Dark Pit isn't the best of the two. MII GUNNER makes her debut in Season 6. I'm not really sure how well she's going to do, in training she did pretty good and seemed to be able to hold her own. There are some bigger threats in this group though, and I'm not sure if she has what it takes to score a Top 3 spot. MII SWORDSMAN imo is the best of the Mii's so I'm expecting him to do well in Amiibo Wars. He may need a little more time to develop his skills and strategies, but I won't be surprised to see him landing in the Top 20 often. This group is going to be pretty up in the air, I can't really predict who will come out on top other than Lucina, who I think will easily be advancing. The rest will be fighting for those two other spots, it's going to get interesting, Phase 1 is up next!

WILDCARD PHASE 1

PALUTENA isn't giving me what I expected of her. He passive defensive playstyle, imo seemed pretty viable. But the problem is that her moves are just too slow to land on most of these amiibos. If she was just slightly faster on her deliveries I think she would be an amazing edition, but since the character design is lacking in a lot of ways and she is the only amiibo who refuses to use her counter, I don't think she's going to ever make it too far, unless some changes are made to the character down the road. It saddens me, I wish she could be a Top Amiibo, but that's not really in my control.


LUCINA's performance in this phase was a bit off. I think she is still recouping from her tilt from last season, because she wasn't performing as well as she normally does. I may have cursed her with my prediction of her blowing down this group and easily advancing. After that performance, I'm not so sure she will 100% make it out of this one, but her score is still above average and I still think she has a good opportunity of advancing.

 

VILLAGER really turned it out in this group. I wasn't expecting much from him but he definitely showed his experience, and only dropped one match to a fellow Amiibo Wars Veteran, Pit. I think because he's played so many matches, it was an advantage versus these newer amiibos. His win on Lucina was shocking but like I said earlier, she wasn't her dominant self here, she needs to get her confidence back before it's too late. Villager is sitting pretty and I definitely expect him to be advancing to the next round.


PIT has so far given me hope that he is on a path to redemption. He had an amazing showing in this group. (Granted, most of them are pretty green in Amiibo Wars) His skills as an aggressor seems to work in his favor more times than not, and he didn't seem to struggle in any of the matches. The one match he lost came down to the wire and it could've been anyone's game. I think Pit shines in Team/FFA matches, so I'm predicting he doesn't have too much to worry about in the next phase. I think he will definitely be advancing to the next round.


MII GUNNER still seems too green to measure up to some of these veterans. She managed a win off of Pit but it was a struggle and she didn't win any other matches. I think this amiibo is going to have to develop a bit more before we see her true potential in Amiibo Wars. However, I do think she has what it takes to at least rival amiibos in the mid-range of the series. Do I see her as a star, no, I think her moves are a bit too laggy to be a true star or win a championship, but who knows for certain?


MII SWORDSMAN has the potential to still make it out of this group, if he manages to do well in the next phase. Much like Mii Gunner, I think he has a little bit more work to do before we really see what he has to offer. But, he manages a couple of wins and gave the veterans a tough battle. I think this is one to watch for, I still view him as a wildcard and I don't know if he will sink of swim in this tournament series. We will have to wait and see. Phase 2 will be coming soon! Keep an eye out!

WILDCARD PHASE 2

PHASE 2 is looking a little more up in the air than I expected. Two long time veterans have pretty much secured their spots, in Pit and Villager. I expected Lucina to take this group and run with it but her score has left her in danger here. I still think she has the best chance of advancing over the other 3 but if Mii Swordsman turns it out, he could be sending her packing. Lucina has a history of performing well in Teams/FFA so I still think she will be advancing, but those 1v1's were sloppy and if she's still in that sort of a funk, we may see another Amiibo Wars Great out early. Phase 2 is on the way!

THE RESULTS ARE IN!


WILDCARD #5 MVP

VILLAGER and PIT steal the show, as to be expected. Though their performances in Phase 2 weren't the best, they made it pretty clear in Phase 1 that their experience gave them an edge. Surprisingly a come from behind underdog almost managed to steal their spotlight after their perfect Phase 2 showing. Villager and Pit are on their way to redeeming themselves after the early exits in Season 5, and I could definitely see them making it to the Top 20, especially now with so many Top Dogs already eliminated.

AN UNDERDOG PULLS OUT ALL THE STOPS!

PALUTENA pulls herself together in Phase 2 and wins every match. I can't say I was expecting it, but because of her amazing score, it catapulted her to third place (almost 1st place even) for the entire group. This goes to show just how important Phase 2 can be. She was 1 point behind the 1st place finishers and has officially knocked out two strong competitors from the Season 6 Competition. Her team fighting was top notch and really looked like she was carrying her teammates through. Does she have a chance of getting to the Top 20 and winning the season? Considering it's going to be a Team Competition, I would be wrong to say I have any predictions on what will happen. Amiibo Wars has never done this before!

A SHOCKING END OF THE ROAD

MII SWORDSMAN put up an excellent fight for his first showing in Amiibo Wars. Had Palutena not won all of her Phase 2 matches, it would've been him moving to the next round. In the end, 1 point separated the two, and I felt like he deserved it a little more. However, the point system doesn't lie and her match wins were worth more points. I'm sure we will see good things from this one in the future. LUCINA hurt my heart a little bit in this group. Everyone has their moments of weakness and after two Top 10 finishes in her debut seasons, it seems Lucina has tilted. Her performances in the 1v1 Phase was abysmal and that alone is grounds for her elimination. Not really sure what happened there, she hasn't competed since her elimination in Season 5 so maybe she was still tilting from that elimination round.. IDK, but I'm definitely expecting a comeback from her next season. MII GUNNER disappointed me. I thought she was going to be the Samus we all wanted, but she's just a slightly better version it seems. Her lag and inability to kill holds her back, much like Samus. She did okay in the team phase but I was feeling like she got carried and was just playing a "decent" support role. I don't really see this amiibo doing as well as I initially thought she would, I definitely expect her to place in the lower mid tier unless some major buffs come her way. (Which I doubt) Another wild "Wildcard" sees another Amiibo Wars Great out the door. I can't believe how many Top 20's from Season 5 have already been eliminated, It's Crazy! The pool of competitors is dwindling down and we are getting closer to determining our Season 6 Top 20. Will we see a Team Fighting Mastermind Dethrone the reigning 2 Time Undefeated Champion?! I can't wait to find out. Wildcard #6 is on the way, Stay Tuned!


WILDCARD #6 IS HERE!!





5 comments:

  1. Is it bad that as I read these I imagine the characters having personalities and (For Example, Mii Swordfighter and Palutena) having rivalries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, not at all, that's the point of my writing them out. I think it's more exciting than if I just posted videos of my tournaments, that'd be boring.

      Delete
  2. Man, first Doctor Mario falls, now Lucina. Tiers are dead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Amiibo Tiers aren't the end all be all, thats why I state that even amiibos at lower tiers can still do really well for different people, depending on the work you put into them. My tier list is more based on how easy/hard they will be to train and not mess them up. The OP tier is ones I view as most consistent, my Dr. Mario is still fairly green (Tbh I put him there because he's a clone of Mario and a lot of people though he needed to be there) and Lucina wasn't performing to standard. Sometimes amiibos go into like a tilt mode where they perform badly, it's happened to Ness and Little Mac as well if I recall.

      Delete
    2. That makes sense. I finished my first amiibo wars style tournament myself a while back. I had 20 when I did it and my Dr. Mario won, beating out Shulk and Little Mac. And my friend owns a Lucina who also does consistently well. Guess I'm just shocked that both went out in the first wave.

      Delete