Wednesday, April 6, 2016

AMIIBO WARS: (S6 PRESEASON) WILDCARD #7


AMIIBO WARS WILDCARD #7 (SEASON 6 PRESEASON)
(COMPLETED)
*UPDATED 4/6*

WELCOME BACK to Amiibo Wars Wildcard! Wildcard #6 had some unexpected turns that I didn't see coming and we saw the 2nd Phase 1 Landslide of the season! Here it is if you haven't read it yet. (Check it out here!) This group is going to be another hard one to predict. Most of these amiibos have been pretty up and down in their careers and you never know how they are going to perform as the seasons change. Two newbies have been thrown into the mix so that's another wildcard that'll be hard to predict. I can't tell you who I think will be moving on, but I know that these newbies have a lot of potential. Wildcard #7 is on the way!

WILDCARD #7 COMPETITORS

(I forgot that my Sonic has been reset to lvl 1, so he wont be competing this season. He has been replaced if you are wondering why he isn't there anymore. Marth was randomly selected as his replacement.)

LAST SEASON we saw a comeback from a legend, and 3 amiibos who just couldn't make an impact. This Wildcard will see the debut of two brand new Amiibo Wars Contenders, looking to shake up the competition. PAC-MAN looked promising in his debut season 3, he ran an impressive Gauntlet and did better than all the new amiibos who joined him that season. Since then though, he just hasn't had a chance to make an impact. Can he turn things around this season? ROSALINA, much like Pac-Man came into her Season 2 debut with a fire under her. She dominated the majority of the season and was so close to winning the Championship. Sadly her fire has gotten dimmer and dimmer as the Seasons progress and I don't know if she can get out of this funk. Have the newer amiibos pushed her to the backburner? Or can she prove us wrong? I just hope to see some improvement. ROY makes his debut in Season 6, and if his training and pre-tournament sparring is any indication of his skill as an amiibo, I think he's going to get very far this season. Roy has beaten some of the best of the best in Non-Tournament matches, but can he do it in Amiibo Wars? We'll just have to wait and see. MARTH has had some serious ups and downs in Amiibo Wars. He was the runner up in Season 1 and went on a down slope following his devastating loss to Link. Last Season we saw Marth in a much better state, he made it to the Top 20 and finished in 18th place. Compared to the seasons prior, this was a huge improvment, and I'm hoping to see him get even farther this season. OLIMAR had a rough start in his debut last season. While fellow newcomers Dr. Mario and Dark Pit stole the show, Olimar was barely able to hold his head above water. Sadly, he's currently ranked in Last Place in the Standings following Season 5. On the positive side of things though, he can only go up from here right? He may just follow in the footsteps of Charizard and Robin who started off slow and are now top contenders in Amiibo Wars. RYU is hard for me to predict. In his training I noticed his damage output was insane and it reminded me a lot of Little Mac. In that regard, I don't think he's on par with Little Mac and his recovery is just as bad. With some minor flaws in his AI, prioritizing moves it probably shouldn't, he may not have the success I think the character deserves. But as time goes on, I hope these kinks can be worked out and we will have another top dog in the mix. Phase 1 is on the way!

WILDCARD PHASE 1
 


PAC-MAN didn't have the best or worst score of the bunch. He's in a position to save himself in the next round but I don't really know if Pac-Man is going to be able to hang with some of the talent in this group. Pac-Man is looking better than last season, I will give him that. But I think his weaknesses that come along with his B Moves doing pretty much nothing for him, put him at a disadvantage. If I am to make a prediction, I don't think Pac-Man will make it out of this group based on his current performances.


ROSALINA sadly continues to be unimpressive and struggles in her 1v1's. When she debuted Season 2 she was a monster, but I revamped my amiibos and reset all of them to test a new training method. This method hasn't seemed to work well for her and I really don't think she measures up anymore. I may need to consider using a different training method on her, or just giving her time to improve her strategies like the rest of them. Resetting her multiple times could be what's setting her back. Her poor performance could be my fault, I'm not really sure. I just want her to be back to being a dominant force in Amiibo Wars.


ROY has arrived and made an impressive entrance. Given that there is some talk that Roy Amiibo isn't good, I think mostly in the Equipment world, I think this validates my "Very Strong" placement of this amiibo. He was dominating the 1v1 phase and only dropped 1 game to the amiibo he trained all the way to 50 with. The match came down to the wire and I think because Ryu has Roy figured out from the constant sparring, he had a little more edge in that matchup than the other competitors. Roy is looking very good and I could definitely see him pushing through to the Top 20 this season.


MARTH did okay. I kind of expect a seasoned legend like Marth to have an edge but out of all the sword fighters, I feel like his AI may be the weakest. You'd think with his tipper mechanic he'd have a major edge over the others but I just don't see him utilizing it as well as he should. 3 out of 5 is pretty good regardless and I think he definitely has a chance of advancing. I'm not counting him out, I just expect more out of him (because he's my main) and he typically doesn't deliver. :/


OLIMAR has definitely improved. His phase 1 score has placed him in the upper half of the group, which means he could very well be advancing to the next round depending on how well he does in the next phase. He could only go up from last season and I was happy to see him getting some victories. Even on his losses, he came pretty close, I think he could be solid with time. Still a few hiccups with not pulling pikmin sometimes, which could put him behind in some match ups.


RYU struggled a bit, but was the only one to manage a win on Roy. Granted they did train together so he had more experience fighting him, but that's still no small accomplishment. Ryu's struggles were mainly from getting gimped off stage. His recovery is really bad, so if he gets knocked off stage mid jump, he's pretty much done for. If he can manage to stay on stage, he typically will out damage his opponent and win, but these weaknesses off stage, and his constant obsession with trying to land Down B's is really an annoyance. So the lesson of the day is, when training Ryu, keep him center stage, you don't want him fighting at the ledges at all. He could still come back from his current score, but with a Team/FFA environment having so many offstage encounters, it's not looking so good for the Street Fighter. Points are close and Phase 2 will determine a lot, it's coming up next!

WILDCARD PHASE 2

PHASE 2 is the deciding factor once again. With the majority of amiibos in the group hovering around the same scores, the performances going into this next phase are crucial. Marth/Olimar/Roy are currently in the lead, if they can manage decent scores they will surely be moving on. But that's not always the case. If any of these amiibos manage to win all 3 matches, it could boost them right up to the Top 3. After Roy's incredible Phase 1 performance, I don't think there is any chance of him falling into danger but the other 2 spots are definitely up for grabs. Are you ready to find out who is moving on? Only 1 Wildcard Remains after this, then comes the road to Top 20 for Season 6. The grueling process will slim down the remaining members until we have only 17 left to join the 3 who've already advanced.

THE RESULTS ARE IN!


WILDCARD #7 MVP

ROY proved that the debut curse isn't for every amiibo. Coming into this tournament he nearly landslided Phase 1, and won all 3 Phase 2 matches. I believe he has the best score across all Wildcards so far. Roy is looking to be a serious Amiibo Wars threat, can he rival the likes of Shulk and Dark Pit? I'm sure we're going to find out, because at this point, I definitely predict Roy will make a Top 20 appearance. This group was a little bit on the easier side of things, so it'll be interesting to see how he measures up to more skilled amiibos.

RYU PROVES ME WRONG & OLIMAR MAKES IT!

RYU shockingly wins all 3 Phase 2 matches, catapulting himself into 2nd place for the group. The newbies take over and prove they aren't here to be walked over. Ryu did a lot better in the Team Matches than I expected him to, however, his weak recovery still does worry me a bit. I don't think he will be so lucky in the future and may bomb some of his Team Matches. If he does make it to the Top 20, I'm not sure how far he's going to get this season. The competition will be fierce. OLIMAR manages to take the 3rd spot, thanks to Marth's inability to win any matches in Phase 2. With Olimar's 1 win it boosted his points just enough to grab the 3rd Place spot. I really think he's out of his league here though, I don't see him making it to the Top 20. So far he hasn't had any majorly impressive wins, and I think the majority of amiibos who've advanced are pretty strong. He may surprise me, but I feel like this was an upset and Marth should've been the one advancing.

THE END OF THE ROAD

MARTH leaves me disappointed once again. I expected him to advance, but he didn't perform well. Marth has been outmatched by newer amiibos it seems and I don't know if he will ever reach his former glory again. If he had one atleast 1 match in Phase 2, I think he could've beaten Olimar in a Best of 5 but that's just not how the cards played out this season. I love Marth as a character, I just wish his amiibo was a little bit better. ROSALINA did a lot better in her Phase 2 Matches but her Phase 1 flub up set her too far behind. I was starting to feel like she was making changes for the better before my eyes, so hopefully next season we will see her perform much better in the 1v1's and actually make it somewhere in the tournament. PAC-MAN's performance was borderline embarrassing. He just doesn't have the tools other amiibos have and I felt like as a teammate, he was actually just weighing down his teammate and handicapping them. Pac-Man had one of the worst scores of the season, not really surprised and I will have to think about whether or not he's worth keeping in Amiibo Wars. If I feel like he's just free wins for his opponents, I won't have a choice other than to retire him. I'll give him one more tournament to prove himself. Only one Wildcard remains and we're saving some of the best for last. Amiibo Wars Legend Mario is back in action, you don't want to miss it, Wildcard #8 is coming up next!

WILDCARD #8 IS HERE!! 




8 comments:

  1. (*sigh*) Why do I feel like Rosalina is going to smoke this group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...
      Shows how much I know. :P

      Delete
    2. My Rosalina sucks. I don't think my training method works for her. She needs a lot more hands on training. -_-

      First time I trained her, it was more 1 on 1 me vs. her and she turned out really good. So I don't know, hopefully she will get better with more time, because I feel like resetting her over and over expecting instant results isn't helping.

      Delete
    3. It's weird, because my Pac-Man is a God, and my Ness is utter garbage.

      Delete
  2. I'm shocked that Olimar made it out. Like you said though, I think he's a bit out of his league. My personal Olimar (though I made him Alph) usually isn't that great and has a hard time killing. I'm interested in seeing how far yours makes it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I don't think he'll make it out of the next round, the AI is still a bit buggy. Sometimes he just stands around and does nothing or doesn't pull his pikmin out. But when he actually uses them, amiibos don't realize they can be knocked off and just allow them to tick the full damage. A lot of times if he's slippery enough he can dish out like 100% before even getting hit. So in some matches, he does well, in other matches his AI glitches out. If they ever fix this amiibos issues with AI, I think he would be fairly strong.

      Delete
    2. I've noticed the exact same things. If the AI was more aggressive and plucked pikmin more, he'd be a lot better. Do you know if it's possible to teach him what certain pikmin do? Like team him purple deals damage, blue increases throw, etc?

      Delete
    3. Nah he'll always just use what he picks, the AI isn't advanced enough to remember all of that.

      Delete