Sunday, December 25, 2016

AMIIBO WARS: SONIC STATS

AMIIBO WARS: FOR THE RECORD
SONIC

Debut: Season 2
Highest Placement: 9th Place (Season 3)
Championship Wins: 0
Best Ranking: 28th out of 37 (Season 4)
Current Ranking: 36th out of 41 (Season 5)

PAST SEASONS

S2: Sonic entered very late into Season 2, so he didn't really have a lot of time to compete. His debut was pretty average so I didn't really think too much about his start. He never really seemed like he was going to be an amazing competitor, but I didn't think he was going to be really weak either. I saw him landing around the Mid Tier and nothing more.

S3: Sonic did well in the placements of Season 3, putting himself in 10th Place on the ladder. He did a good job holding on to his spot for the majority of the competition, even managing to advance a spot. Pretty impressive considering the range he was competing and who he had to fight against to hold his position. Sonic finishes Season 3 in 9th Place. A good start for him, I was curious to see if I was wrong, and we would see him progress even further up the ranks.

S4: Season 4 introduces Perma Elimination and Sonic comes out swinging, getting the highest score of the first Wave. I was thinking I may be wrong about him, but in the same breath he went from the top score, all the way to the bottom. Sonic is out of the competition in the 2nd round, which showed some serious inconsistencies in his performances. I chalked it up to bad luck due to his past performances and was hoping to see him do better in Season 5.

S5: It seems Sonic peaked a little too soon. Season 5 was rough, and The Challenger Series didn't do him any favors. He struggles in both phases and fails to leave a lasting imprint. Sonic seemed out of place, getting punished a lot every time he made any type of aggressive push. It was so bad in fact, I felt a need to reset him, and this wasn't the first time. The AI was making ridiculous mistakes and I really feel like the mass training method is not going to allow him to effectively compete. I' refuse to baby an amiibo and give them special training, so if he can't compete and the AI continues to do stupid things, he's going to have to be benched.

S6: Due to issues I faced with this amiibo's AI and ineffectiveness for w/e reason, he wont be competing in Season 6. I am going to give him another chance in the future, I just have to figure out how I'm going to retrain him.


No comments:

Post a Comment